Speedciné
past year or so I hear about people who watch films (episodes of their favorite series to start) streaming. Maybe because I'm getting old, I remain faithful to the old download that allows me to watch the movie when I want once it is on my drive. Incidentally I happened to download some movies (700 MB) in less than half an hour ... not sure if streaming allows the same viewing comfort. The big argument
streaming is that there is nothing illegal for the user. Personally I find very little as a justification, it's really hypocritical. When I download a movie I'm not ashamed and I'm not trying to lie about the legality of the thing. I do not do it either by spirit of protest, but merely as a consumer lambda watered pub for years that ends up with a service "instant gratification" better than anything that exists on the official market.
If tomorrow everybody starts to leave the keys in his car and that people are not abusing the system, so I can, if necessary, drive in a car "fly" (At least without the proper papers) at the bottom of my home, so that I do, for example, buy one or take a taxi. Especially, since a car is available at the bottom of my home, the service is unbeatable. The
+ broadband consumer frenetic rhythms, the Kleenex generation, all this contributes to upsetting content publishers too long accustomed to firmly hold the valves in their catalog.
Basically do streaming change anything? Yes it tends to show the waste of energy chasing shoplifters over to the fight against terrorism for example. As shown
Chris Anderson in his last book, he must understand that the Internet economy implies accepting offer free content to reach as many people, including a minority will pay for content premium, ie in the case of a film, view it in better conditions than on a computer screen and depending on the speed data buffering and encoding quality pirate. Obviously
cons-intuitive for all old farts like me who were born well before the Internet exploded, but there it is, you have to listen, understand and adapt.
For now, the future of streaming seems to be related to the development of VOD offerings. Speedciné is a portal site of all that is no longer legal, but basically it offers the same service as any directory streams. The guarantee of quality (minimum) in addition to the supplier.
Little extra detail that I want, it highlights a class of free movies (in fact, fallen into the public domain, mostly) like publicdomaintorrents.com or archive.org so much more underground. The free is again present and it is he who gives credibility a service from the outset and the long term.
0 comments:
Post a Comment