Sunday, August 30, 2009

How To Cut Curidar Pajama

About psychiatrization of transsexuality II

I have already given my views on the psychiatric treatment of transsexualism in my post About psychiatrization "of transsexuality. But I am accused by someone anonymous , Not to speak properly with my condition:



Anonymous said ... I'm very disappointed with the description that you do on the causes of transsexuality in the media. This is absolutely not a mental illness that causes severe depression, thereby causing a gender dysphoria. I'll have my sexual reassignment in February, and Dr. Brassard has confirmed to me that the causes of transsexuality are genetic, neurobiological and neurochemical, and it is certainly not a choice. Everything happens during pregnancy! So why we go to pose as mentally ill?
In this case as queers are sick mental!
Know that mental illness is no longer part of the symptoms of transsexualism in France ... Anne-Marie



To answer this criticism, first it is interesting to note the title of this blog:

transsexual Each has its history and saw a different experience. Here's mine ...


Then it is indeed MY story and I'm not hiding behind anonymity safe. I mediated and I bear the weight, positive and negative. It is easy to have an opinion behind the assurance that our words will not be scrutinized the microscope and that no one can blame us for anything. If you are so courageous of your opinions, go to express yourself in the media and made the way you think legitimate extension. Regarding the psychiatric treatment of transsexuality, I'm not the one who says so. Psychiatrists, psychologists, sexologists and scientific members of WPATH have decided themselves. In fact, it's not that transsexuality is classified as a disease. Transsexuality is that the transitional period leading sex physiological origin, gender, destination, is more treatment. This is a serious disease is depression (Known as dysphoria) that results from the condition of not being in sync at the physiological level and mental level. This is quite possibly not the case for everyone, but it was mine. So to say that dysphoria is a condition in the media evacuates the widespread idea that transsexuality is a matter of choice or sexual frivolity because if it is a disease, it is obviously not a choice. Moreover, if this is not a disease, it is very possible that the government or medical insurance no longer cover the cost of operations required for a sex change, since it is not a disease that must be addressed. The word I use often and I find most appropriate is "condition," but not a lawyer specializing in medical law, I do not know the scope of the word, given the possible and necessary medicalization precisely the condition that allows sex change. The issue has many implications that are not easy to solve. Yes, homosexuality is not a disease and yes it has been. Homosexuality not a disease, so there is no treatment to cure it. What is not the case of dysphoria, as I just explained. Finally, I feel good about myself as I've never been, but I still remember the passing of my really painful dysphoria that prevented me from sleeping, made me cry constantly, induced me suicidal , prevented me from working properly and professionally and made me lose appetite. I'm cured of that and call it as you like, for me is a serious depression and severe depression is a disease. There ...

SHIFT
the way, if you make yourself operate by Dr. Brassard and if the government pays for this is that you got 2 letters and 2 diagnostics specialists gender dysphoria different. I like a big doubt that these letters are not written "Madame wants to change sex by what it is trying him and that his mother had a hormonal problem to the fetus at the 7th week of pregnancy." Moreover, there is much speculation about the causes and assumptions that you are probably the best advance. But there is a difference between cause and effect, between cause and result of the case, which is a disease. I'm curious to know if you get to operate without prior diagnosis and if the label of "sick" (what ho dirty word) is not registered under a technical medical jargon. Before you say anything, take a deep breath and analyzes the issue. Moreover, there is no shame in having a mental illness that physical traits.

0 comments:

Post a Comment