Photo credit: Olivier Samson Arcand-photographer
was last night that ended my tenure Patron of Pride Celebrations Montréal . What an experience to remember! I must admit that I initially declined the honor. The image I had of this event is having the media present us well. That is to say, the image of two three dippy half naked and with feathers in the ass. But after having lunch with President Éric Pineault and Vice-President Jean-Sébastien Boudreault, I quickly realized that my perception was wrong. There is certainly of frivolity in the parade, but the celebrations are really much more than that. Moreover, the media speak only very rarely Community Day which allows people to GLBTQ community and other citizens to inquire information from dozens of community organizations, to live better or to understand the different facets of reality GLBTQ. There are also many cultural and artistic events gay and not gay, who spice up the celebrations. Thus, the Porn Flakes with Guy A. Lepage and his many guests were given a special show Friday night. But the celebrations of pride is also the moment that will advance the fight for GLBTQ rights and send a message of acceptance and the right to be different. There are still too many people who commit suicide, lose their families or their jobs because of the difficulty of living with an orientation or gender identity are different from the rest of the population. This is especially the message I wanted to convey during my term as president of honor and it is with pride that I am running. In addition, I discovered people of kindness, humor and pride to finally be himself, which still affects me. I myself have made many friends and I thank also the official spokesman of the event, Jasmin Roy , I got to know more personally and with whom I have bin fun to fulfill my mandate. If you read this and you are seeking to be the next or the next president (s) of honor of Pride celebrations in Montreal, do not hesitate to accept this honor ... My interview
audio, Dominique Poirier the first Radio-Canada
My video interview, LCN
Photo credit: Marie-Eve Baron
was last night that ended my tenure Patron of Pride Celebrations Montréal . What an experience to remember! I must admit that I initially declined the honor. The image I had of this event is having the media present us well. That is to say, the image of two three dippy half naked and with feathers in the ass. But after having lunch with President Éric Pineault and Vice-President Jean-Sébastien Boudreault, I quickly realized that my perception was wrong. There is certainly of frivolity in the parade, but the celebrations are really much more than that. Moreover, the media speak only very rarely Community Day which allows people to GLBTQ community and other citizens to inquire information from dozens of community organizations, to live better or to understand the different facets of reality GLBTQ. There are also many cultural and artistic events gay and not gay, who spice up the celebrations. Thus, the Porn Flakes with Guy A. Lepage and his many guests were given a special show Friday night. But the celebrations of pride is also the moment that will advance the fight for GLBTQ rights and send a message of acceptance and the right to be different. There are still too many people who commit suicide, lose their families or their jobs because of the difficulty of living with an orientation or gender identity are different from the rest of the population. This is especially the message I wanted to convey during my term as president of honor and it is with pride that I am running. In addition, I discovered people of kindness, humor and pride to finally be himself, which still affects me. I myself have made many friends and I thank also the official spokesman of the event, Jasmin Roy , I got to know more personally and with whom I have bin fun to fulfill my mandate. If you read this and you are seeking to be the next or the next president (s) of honor of Pride celebrations in Montreal, do not hesitate to accept this honor ... My interview
audio, Dominique Poirier the first Radio-Canada
My video interview, LCN
Photo credit: Marie-Eve Baron
0 comments:
Post a Comment