long ago that I want to write a post on the American series. Problem: I'm no regular, and frankly I do not look very rarely. I'm always curious to learn of new series but not to the point of wanting to watch the pilot episode or a few at random. At the time of
Friends already (which may have started the trend, though this is a sitcom) I kept too much to get excited blissfully back to the adventures of heroes 2x3 + some guest stars. To pass the time I see the two seasons that trailed from a friend over a few episodes here and there but overall I do not like sitting watching TV. I feel like I lose my time, I find it sufficiently challenging since I surf regularly. Friends remember before I have not caught on X-Files. But this time it was context specific paranormal who has always left me unmoved.
All this does not keep me out of pure intellectual curiosity, interested in all series abound since 2000. I loved Dr House which I have seen a dozen episodes, all very well built around the same frame. Anyway, I feel no need to get a full season. There is this side confined common to all series I think that me away fast enough. This reassuring for people high before a skylight get tired very quickly indeed. I saw much of the first seasons of Ally McBeal at the time it happened on M6. It was a nice appointment, which I followed with some friends at the time, but I could have done something more interesting (ok, the goal of the series is definitely to rest, thinking of something else) . In the aftermath there was Sex and the City which amused me the time of 2-3 episodes, but mostly I found it extremely futile. I was not really in the heart of the target and it is true that the series often turn to targeted populations that films are want to look more broadly.
SERIES vs. U.S.. U.S. v. NICE. SERIES FRANCHOUILLES (arf)
Precisely digress about this comparison: it became unnecessary to specify that the U.S. series are much more creative than American cinema. The reason is quite simple (and very clearly stated by John August on his blog there are now many years: the writer is at the heart of TV production while in the U.S. film industry It is not just an employee on the books, and especially thank you for exploitable almost always interchangeable. but I say U.S. design rubbed off on many U.S. producers in Europe, for example, who have the annoying tendency to take for Selznick or Harvey Weinstein soon as one of their films has gleaned a bit of success. A U.S. television writers are recognized as the actual producers. Those are the ones the stars, not a bankable actor or filmmaker waou-in-your-face. The writers then become producers of the show when they are not already behind the project. After a while the best writers are turning to TV: what are the best just because
- they have no pride to think that TV is not good enough for them
- what interests them is the ability to do their creative work under the best circumstances, ie where their importance is recognized and where they can develop effective collaboration
This aspect, which differentiates successful series of U.S. soft mediocrity sets in France, I have not seen mentioned in the blabla semiologist Vincent Colonna to Telerama. The only thing that I've chosen is indeed the Americans have understood that remained of the television radio film (hence the importance of dialogue) while in France it still wants to make movies the poor on the small screen.
BREAD + = GAMING SERIES
Going back to my counting sheep (although I have not left enough time for a series of make me a soporific effect), I do not sing the praises all the U.S. series that I have to try. Lost example, having seen an episode at random, then the first episode many years later, I find it completely invalid. Characters into a single dimension that do not interact and are just really moved by the writers at the option of twists which, given the number of seasons, must be very numerous. That's why I would describe as a Lost soap adventures. So should not ask too much adventure.
I saw the pilot of Californication . Funny, but hey, I did not want to see more because I'm pretty pretty sure it does not have much potential for renewal. Never tried 24 despite all the incentives. I must have the first 2 seasons on a hard drive, but it interests me less and less. Dexter, Nip \\ Tuck , Desperate Housewives? Never seen either. Know what it is enough to satisfy my curiosity.
That said, I'm pretty committed to the series of my childhood and where coherent arguments may not be interested in a contemporary series, nostalgia compels me to try to discover the remake of Prisoner (with John Caviezel and Ian McKellen). Amazing, no?
0 comments:
Post a Comment