Monday, July 6, 2009

Can I Book A Flight Without Paying

The Fog of War

Strangely last night I wanted to revisit the powerful documentary by Errol Morris. The beginning at least with a short scene of McNamara in his element at the heart of the 60s, which links with a generic installation can not be the subject better, and emotions through the beautiful composition by Philip Glass.
The next day I hear the death of McNamara. The question everyone was asking me, after I offered moultes once the film on DVD (so that initially I had downloaded ... f * ck Hadopi) took the decision to be on this man who tries to make amends by exposing all his mistakes that caused so many civilian deaths and military.
Strangely I've never raised the issue of judging the character, perhaps too captivated by the power of the documentary in its entirety, not just as a documentary on McNamara. It was perhaps his goal was to generalize from its experience to remove the pressure from his mistakes.

If there must be response to McNamara, it seems to me the simplest
It's true, He Was Much More Than a Number Cruncher. He Was a sentimental, emotional man, Tortured In Some Ways. Goal More Than Anything, He Was a Man Who wanted to, needed to, Be in control. And he Could not Be That Man No-one can.
from Newsweek

0 comments:

Post a Comment