strange turn of events
Yesterday I was at a press conference and suddenly I see an old acquaintance with whom I worked for a number of years. Let's call him Louis-Marie. It is a black and I was his boss. It's a really nice person who always dark despite the stigma attached to his status as black. I remember his desire to perform and break down doors that had once led to my office. He wanted to be a VJ for the tour Vidéodanse Music Plus. He had all the qualities to do the job and more. But he was black. Now, at this time (the 90s), the tour videodance Music Plus Deep walked in Quebec. Several events were prints of boots "Doc Martin" who were confined skinheads and mayhem youth was sometimes palpable. Moreover, some VJ had parked the vehicle of the company at a safe distance from the arena, not the crowd to go after him. It was therefore, in my view, may expose a person of color to potential racists. I exposed these facts to Louis-Marie s'empressât me a racist and I argued that if it was to eat slap in the face, it can defend itself and that it was not for me to assume difficulties it may encounter. It was a very humbling and I realized he was absolutely right and I give him a chance. It quickly became one of the best VJ Aillons we ever had.
This long introduction to say that yesterday I saw Louis-Marie. He does not read newspapers and television do not listen. When I saw him he was at work, I said "Hello Louis". He answered, but who are you, do I know you? I told him what I said in time "Come tabarnak Louis-Marie, where he recognized me from my voice. He told me, but what are you doing dressed as a woman? I told him "but seeing is Halloween is coming." Captivated, he went to continue his work. Colleagues who know who I am related to him my progress. This morning he calls me every which way. He is afraid that I do ale perceived as evidence of the contempt and prejudice against me. Mostly, he remembers very well already making me morality on "my so-called" prejudice. He did not sleep last night and it feel really bad for his reaction. To tease him, I did languish in guilt and reassured about my perception of the incident. What a strange turn of events? I can not wait to see this old friend and continue to tease him about his "bias" transphobic and develop our relationship on a new footing. I actually finished the interview by sending big kisses ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment